All purchases made by Peterborough County are done in accordance with our Purchasing of Goods and Services Policy (Corp-06), which covers the acquisition of all goods, services and construction projects (By-law 2013-68).
All tender, proposal and quotation document ads can be found on our website and are also available online from www.biddingo.com/peterboroughcounty or by pick up at County of Peterborough, 470 Water Street, Peterborough, Ontario K9H 3M3.
Purchasing Principles and Goals for the acquisition of all goods and services:
- To procure by purchase, rental or lease the required quality and quantity of "goods and services" in an efficient manner and without favouritism.
- To ensure acquisition of "goods and services" through the application of the highest standards of business ethics.
- To encourage open competitive bidding on all acquisition and disposal of "goods and services", where practical.
- To consider "total acquisition costs" including quality, service and availability, rather than the lowest price submitted;
- To operate a "purchasing" section for the purchase of "goods and services" through the Department of Procurement, Facilities and Communication.
- To coordinate the acquisition of like “goods and services” required by more than one department to take advantage of purchasing power.
- To encourage the procurement of goods and services with due regard to the preservation of the natural environment and the promotion of waste reduction and recycling of waste materials.
- To have regard to the accessibility for persons with disabilities to the Goods, Services and Construction purchased by the County.
For information or assistance please email email@example.com or call (705) 743-0380 ext. 343.
If you work in construction, the rules for mandatory WSIB coverage have changed. Do you run your own construction business? Are you the purchaser of construction services? Big or small, with workers or without, you still need to know what's changed. Find out what it means for you.
Documents & Resources
- Purchasing Policy (PDF - 454 kB)
- Purchasing By-Law (PDF - 72 kB)
- Disposal of Surplus Items (PDF - 195 kB)
- Standard Terms & Conditions (PDF - 256 kB)
Current Bid Opportunities
- T-36-13 Supply & Delivery of Unleaded Gasoline & Diesel Fuel to the City of Peterborough and Members of the Kawartha Collaborative Purchasing Group (PDF - 66 kB)
- T-22-2013 Supply & Delivery of 2 Crew Cab Pick-Up Trucks (PDF - 30 kB)
- T-21-2013 Supply & Delivery of Extended Cab Short Box Pick Up Truck and T-23-2013 Supply & Delivery of Cab & Chassis with Aluminum Dump Box (PDF - 30 kB)
- T-24-2013 Supply & Delivery of One Plow Truck (PDF - 30 kB)