Geographic Information Systems
The County of Peterborough's online Geographic Information System (GIS) provides an opportunity to explore the scope of this vibrant community.
A GIS is a collection of map layers, each linked to information that can be analyzed or queried to reveal more information.
Within the GIS website you are able to:
- Search for properties by address, roll number, lot & concession, or GPS co-ordinates
- Learn about the landscape using map features or high resolution aerial photos
- Print or export a customized map displaying your own mark-ups using the drawing and measurement tools
Click the Let Me Map button below, then access all the tools by double-clicking the red toolbox icon.
Want to know more about using the web-GIS? Check out the tutorials below.
Documents & Resources
- Measuring & Drawing (PDF - 273 kB)
Learn how to create custom mark-ups on the web-map interface.
- Search the Public Web-GIS (PDF - 309 kB)
Learn how to use the search tools in the County of Peterborough's Web-GIS.
- Printing & Exporting Images (PDF - 511 kB)
Learn how to produce PDF prints and image files of your favourite maps.